Petroleum matters were handled by the Hydrocarbon Section of the Ministry of Lagos Affairs, which reported directly to the Governor-General. .
The Unit kept records on matters relating to exploration, and importation of petroleum products. It also enforced safety and other regulations on matters which were then mostly products importation and distribution. As the activities of the petroleum industry expanded, the Unit was upgraded to a Petroleum Division within the Ministry of Mines and Power.
The Department of Petroleum Resources(DPR), in line with its regulatory mandate of ensuring sustainable development of Nigeria’s oil and gas resources hereby invites applications from suitably qualified University/Polytechnic graduates to fill the underlisted position:
- Successful applicants shall have the opportunity to develop specialist skills and professional competencies in oil/gas regulations and supervision during their career.
- Possess BA/B.Sc Humanities, Social Science etc with a minimum of Second Class Lower or Upper Credit.
- Not more than 25 years old by 31st Decembe 2017.
Candidates are required to have any of the following available for registration:
- Scanned copy of a passport photograph.
- Scanned copy of certificates (N.Y.S.C. Discharge/Exemption certificate, Higher Institution Certificate, S.S.C.E. Certificate).
- Scanned copy of any other necessary supporting documents.
Candidates are required to fill their application online through the DPR Application Portal for the application form. Please follow the instructions to fill in your application:
- Only applications in respect of the advertised position would be considered. All applicants are expected to apply for ONLY ONE position.
- Multiple applications by any candidate for more than one job would be DISQUALIFIED.
- Upon submission, applicants would receive an acknowledgment containing a reference number which should be quoted in all future correspondences.
Note: Only Shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview.